Happy Summer! As Summer has long since set into mid July, we wanted to share our top five favorites to stay Healthy . Fit, and Fabulous throughout this season! Eating healthy daily continues to be a top priority for us. We may have a few slip ups during the summer months (i.e. parties, travels and family gatherings) but we strive to re-focus the next day with our meal planning and exercising!
Here are our Top Five Favorites to Stay Healthy, Fit & Fabulous:
1) The amazingly tasty and healthy ACAI Bowl! This a quick and easy snack or light lunch while traveling and on- the-go. Find your favorite smoothie place and order one or make your own at home. When its made to order, we love the one with bananas, blueberries, strawberries and sprinkled unsweetened coconut flakes.
2) Sunscreen and skincare is a MUST! Don’t forget that even while out and about you are still getting the rays of sunshine. Using sunscreen through the day on your face and body is just as important as using it while lying on the beach ! Our favorite sunscreen is Sun Bum with SPF or 30 and higher. You can get one for faces only and/or one for all over the body. Re-apply re-apply !
3) Stay fit and toned with that healthy summer sunkissed glow…here are 2 of our favorite Booty and Core toning moves:
Lie face up on the mat with legs bent and hands on the hips. Extend the left leg up with the foot flexed and lift the hips so body forms a straight line from the shoulders.
While keeping the hips lifted, left and lower the left leg about 2 inches away from the mat. That’s 1 rep. Repeat for 60 secs.
In tabletop position on the mat, lift the right bent leg out to the side in line with the hips. Squeeze the glutes tightly.
Keeping hips square throughout and the right leg flexed extend the leg up towards the sky. Continue this movement flexing and squeezing the glutes for 30 sec. That’s 1 rep … try 3 more times !
4) We like to look HOT and stay COOL in July… ! What is our go-to outfit?
Again the romper is our favorite! We look for the ones with fun prints, off the shoulders, light and easy, show a little leg , and can be worn with any type of fun summer wedge or flats. The one shown in the picture is from www.tobi.com
5) We always try to stay hydrated day and evening. Water is our first choice for our drink of the day ! Try flavored sugar-free enhancers you can add to your water bottle. Evening is a great time to enjoy those light summer drinks by using fresh fruit, fresh fruit juices and agave nectar for a healthy twist and a little less calories.. Of course our favorite is a margarita…
Try the Skinny Margarita! In a cocktail shaker or your glass , mix these ingredients to combine. Serve over ice and enjoy!
- 1 shot or 3TB of tequila (your favorite brand)
- 3 Tb lime juice
- 1 Tb freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tb water
- 2 tsp agave nectar
optional garnishes are fresh lime ,fruit slices, fresh mint and sea salt to rim the glasses ..
Enjoy the rest of your summer …. tone that booty, choose your favorite smoothie bowl, wear your sunscreen daily and put on that fun romper. To end the day, kick back with your skinny margarita and enjoy the evening!