As we are moving through the month of January, remembering your resolutions (you still have time to make them~ LOL) and health and fitness goals , don’t give up on yourself! We are currently in the same boat; each day can have its own challenges. When we are having trouble staying focused on our goals, we always go back to these 5 motivational tips that get us back in the groove!
5 Tips to Stay in the Groove
- Get your REST! Get UP, get out EARLY and get going! Get your workout DONE! It has been proven that we at least need 7-8 hours of sleep each night . When you get enough rest and the alarm sounds, you wake up ready to face the day. Our early morning routines begin with teaching , training, and working out each day. Part of our motivation is wearing cute and fun workout clothes! Our go-to favorites : Athleta, Lululemon, Fabletics etc…..
- Stay HYDRATED and drink water all day long! Now even water bottles are fashionable ! We fill ours up before we leave the house each day and will carry it around with us as we go. You can enhance the flavor of your water by adding a squeeze of lemon juice , a sprinkle of cayenne, a dash of turmeric, and a drop of honey – just to name a few…
- Keep a post workout snack packed to carry along. Choosing a high protein snack that’s easy to digest and one that will keep your ENERGY up all day is important. Here are a few of our favorites: Protein bars filled with fruit and nuts (KIND bars are everywhere- even gluten-free and vegan ones ) and our homemade granola mix – dried cranberries, dark chocolate chips, and shaved coconut flakes mixed in with a granola of your choice.
- Everything in MODERATION! As for us , we still and will always love a glass of red wine! We both love our Starbucks vanilla skinny lattes along with a sweet or savory treat to indulge in! So enjoy your favorite things…it is what we work so hard for! .. and just remember everything in Moderation.
- Everything is BEST with your FRIENDS along! We make better CHOICES and keep COMMITMENTS when you have a friend to keep you ON TASK!
So there’s our 5 Tips to Stay in the Groove!
S & M