We like to take this season to recharge, relax and reorganize! January is here and it is time to make room for new and positive things in your life! There are many different ways to relax and unwind. It could be making time for a bubble bath, scheduling a massage, grabbing your favorite glass of wine , catching up with a friend , or reading your favorite book.
With the holidays behind us and all the craziness we experienced during that busy season we seemed to have lost some sleep! In the dreary season of January use this time to catch up on your rest. In this new age of technology set your iphone or iwatch alarm thirty minutes earlier before your actual bedtime (some people don’t even have a bedtime lol) to get some rest! Being well rested the next day gives you the energy you need to complete your daily workouts , run your errands, be productive in your job and overall just maintaining a positive attitude . Try this yoga pose to start your day. Make it part of your morning ritual! Sit in this easy seated pose, keeping the palms in prayer mudra, breathe easy in and out through your nose and set your intention for your day! Namaste.
With a clear mind after relaxing and recharging, it’s easier to begin reorganizing. For some it is the time to reorganize their homes, their priorities, and their diet! Renew from the inside out! For example, reorganizing your closet and pantry is a great place to start! Out with the old, In with the new! After organizing your refrigerator and pantry, purchase and use clear containers to store your fresh cut fruits and vegetables so they are easy to grab when you open the refrigerator door!
Here are five tips to help you Relax, Recharge and Reorganize.
- DON’T Be afraid to let go! If you are cleaning out your closet and you come across a piece that you haven’t worn in a year, time to let it go! Replace and replenish with something new!
- DO clean out the Pantry and Refrigerator ! This is a perfect time to clean up your diet and replace expired items. Swap out the boxed and processed foods with fresh produce from your local farmer’s market today!
- DON’T Stress! It will all get done! Prioritize one part of your life at a time. A Bubble bath and glass of wine always come in handy. Even a lighted aromatherapy candle burning somewhere close to you can help clear your mind to refocus on the positive in your life. You have your family, your health and your friends to be grateful for.
- DO something new in your fitness workout starting today. If you always do cardio exercises try strength training exercises. If you are a runner then make time for some cross training. also add some bodyweight exercises or some weights to your work out. Grab a friend and go for it today!
- DO find time to treat yourself! That may be buying that new hot fashion item , the trendy bootie that can go from the conference room to the cocktail bar!
So Relax, Recharge, and Reorganize today! We like to hear your feedback as well … what are some ways you like to re-fresh and re-charge ?