It’s not too early for the holiday planning ! Gift giving , family time, decorating , cooking and the list goes on . This time of year we need to stay focused on ourselves which means eating right, staying active, taking care of our bodies and remaining stress-free! Taking some time for yourself during this busy season will allow you to stay happy and healthy. Remember to get enough sleep during this busy time . Even a power nap will give you that extra energy needed to finish out the day .
We know the holiday shopping is a must-do and can be fun if we stay ahead of the game. Here’s our twist on the Holiday Shopping Checklist this year!
Tis’ the season to make sure the Holidays stay fun – filled and stress free!
Sabra and Monica’s HOLIDAY SHOPPING CHECKLIST 2017 !
- BRING YOUR BESTIE! Isn’t holiday shopping more fun with a friend? Shopping with a friend can help you decide on the perfect gift for someone because when in doubt you can ask their opinion or their preference on a particular kind or style of gift for that certain someone. If nothing else it’s a good excuse to get out and celebrate the season!
- PLAN AHEAD FOR PREPARING MEALS Make a grocery list for the staple items you will need to have on hand for any baking as well as cooking. It will reduce stress when it is time to bake something yummy without having to stop and make a grocery run! Review your cooking recipes to find ways to cook light and healthy. Even swapping an ingredient here and there for a more healthier option can make a difference.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SPECIAL DISCOUNTS OR DEALS AT YOUR LOCAL STORES AND BOUTIQUES Look ahead of time on their website for any sales or special deals . Is there a buy one get one half price ? Its more for your money! ( Especially when you would also like one for yourself lol !)
- MAKE A LIST AND CHECK IT TWICE! WHO IS NAUGHTY AND NICE? LOL
- BAKE with Coconut Oil in your Holiday Cookie recipe! It’s vegan , and healthier for your heart than butter, other shortenings or some oils.
- There is always TIME for Wine! (Apothic California Red is always our fav) Need we say more? And have an extra bottle on hand for that dinner party and/or hostess gift
- GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK ALONG THE WAY! Take time for yourself during this busy time. Do you need a quick manicure or pedicure to feel refreshed ? How about a massage ?
- COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS ! This is the season for reflecting on the past year . Try and remember your family members, your good times, and your good friends !
Stay Happy. Healthy. Fit and Fabulous this Holiday Season!
SABRA AND MONICA